XPRESS – an EU-funded project under Horizon 2020 R&I programme – provides support to Public Procurements to facilitate the collaboration between SMEs and public sector for the adoption of RES (Renewable Energy Sources) in EU regions. To achieve this objective, XPRESS launched five online tools:
• A RES tender search engine (TED-based) to facilitate SMEs’ access to tenders embracing Renewable Energy Sources.
• A RES partner search engine (TED-based) to facilitate the identification of public procurers and enterprises already involved in RES tenders based on year and country.
• A database of past SME-friendly RES tenders (TED-based) for public authorities willing to adopt RES technologies via Green Public Procurement (GPP).
• A RES Library collecting case studies of public procurers and SMEs who implemented or awarded RES tenders and presentations of all the XPRESS workshops.
• A Matchmaking Tool to facilitate connections between SMEs offering RES solutions and Public Authorities (PAs) willing to adopt them.
The tools combined are meant to increase demand and supply sides of renewable energy sources (or RES) technologies across the EU, as a result of research performed by the XPRESS Consortium based on 2015 and 2017 Flash Innobarometer and Eurobarometer datasets; TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) dataset; EUROSTAT dataset on LCA; a survey launched on the XPRESS portal; XPRESS co-creation workshops and more than 20 case studies.